Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 3, 2009...back on the trail!

Yesterday's fall off the budget wagon made me doublely (is that a word?) determined to stay under budget today.

Breakfast:

  • Special K w/ strawberries (1 serving, 8 servings in box) @ $.005
  • Sugar-Free Koolaid (free)
  • Total Breakfast OOP: $.005 (less than a penny!)

Lunch:

  • Mona's Cheese Tortellini (free w/ coupon I traded for. I have 2 more coupons I'll have to trade in...yummo!) $0.00
  • Garlic Bread @$0.50
  • Sugar Free Koolaid $0.00
  • Total Lunch OOP: $0.50
  • Total for the Day so far: $0.505

I went to homeland today to pick up a prescription and bought another tub of buddig meats. It's on sale for $2.29 and all packages have a $.55 peelie. In addition, some packages also have $1/1 coupons in the package. I keep buying the packages with the $1/1 coupon and pay only $0.29 a package for cold cuts.

Dinner:

  • Sandwich on whole wheat bread w/ spicy brown mustard. Bread = free, mustard = pantry item, meat = $.0483 (1/6 of $0.29)

Total cost for the day: $0.5533

Total cost for the month so far: $$3.1771

No comments:

Post a Comment