Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Recap from 1/5/09 and new post for 1/6/09

Sorry I missed posting yesterday, I totally forgot to log on when I got home last night! Here is a quick recap.

Breakfast:

~~(1) Chocolate Covered Mint Oreo (yummo!) another clearance sale: $0.02
~~(2) slices of wheat toast w/ LOL canola Oil Butter. I got the bread with a free coupon and the butter was in my stockpile so $0.00

Lunch:

~~Chicken and Beef coldcut sandwich with spicy mustard on whole wheat bread: $0.05
~~Pretzel Rods (courtesy of work) $0.00
~~Fresca (work) $0.00

Dinner:

~~BK Burger $1.00
~~Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup (1/2 can) : $0.25

Total for Day: $1.32

Okay, that brings us up to date, so this is what I've had today:

Breakfast:

~~(2) slices of wheat toast w/ LOL canola Oil Butter. I got the bread with a free coupon and the butter was in my stockpile so $0.00

Lunch:

~~Chicken and Beef coldcut sandwich with spicy mustard on whole wheat bread: $0.05
~~Goldfish Crackers $0.05
~~Fresca $0.00

Tonight's dinner should be good. I thawed out what I think is chicken (it was wrapped in foil so I am guessing!) A few weeks ago I grabbed a couple of bags of frozen chicken on sale for $5.99. I also had a $3 off WT so that brings my cost down to $3.00. There were about 10 breasts in each bag so that would make the cost $0.30 per breast. I am going to grill up a breast and mix it will some green giant steamers broccoli and cheese sauce ($1.24 bag - $1 coupon = $0.24) and some ronzoni healthy harvest rotini ($1.69 - $1 coupon doubled = overage of $0.31). If I use 2 breasts the cost would be $0.84 and will make probably 3 servings so $0.28 per serving. Pretty good dinner if I say so myself!

Today's the last day of this week's homeland sale so I also need to stop by there on my way home. On my list:

~~Buddig Coldcuts 10 oz on sale $2.29 - $1 (doubled) =$.29 for 6 servings
~~Farmland Bacon: on sale 2/$4 - $2 = FREE
~~Progresso Soup: on sale 2/$4 - $1/2 doubled = $0.50 per can

No comments:

Post a Comment